Welcome Back College Students!
College is about to get back into the swing of things. Nearby ASU and other local college campuses, Squaw Peak Lock and Key wants to ensure the safety of its Phoenix communities. With that being said, we have provided some quick, basic safety tips for college students in the area.
College Safety Tips
- Lock your dorm room, or apartment (if living off campus).
- Be sure to lock your bike, car or chosen form of transportation.
- Zip all bags and pockets so you don’t accidentally drop valuables or important information. Things such as wallets, mp3s or other small electronic devices are bound to fall out if left in shallow or open pockets.
- Leave a porch light or small light on if you know you won’t be home til late. This can deter burglars, and can also work when you are home, too.
- Avoid shortcuts. Sometimes shortcuts can be dangerous routes, especially in unlit or unfamiliar places.
- Don’t leave important valuables out in the open. If someone were to gain access to your dorm or apartment, your chances of your property being stolen are at higher risk if out in the open.
- Use the buddy system. Might sound ridiculous, but especially if you’re traveling at night, it’s always best to walk with another person.